I’ve certainly known all about Maria Sharapova and her amazing tennis accomplishments, but who knew we shared a passion; yes, I say passion, for all things sweet. And, not just any sweets, but perfect candies and most importantly, the perfect chocolate.
Traveling the world, Maria had the opportunity to search for the chocolate she felt was right for her candy brand. She ended up choosing the European Chocolatiers at Baron of Poland. Sugarpova already had a wonderful line of gum balls, sour dummies, and gummies before the non-GMO chocolate was released.
Given Maria’s active lifestyle and dedication to her sport and mine to wellness, I decided to make a recipe using her chocolate that not only would my active family love, but that would provide fuel for my triathlete husband. Here’s what I came up with.
Sugarpova Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Bread
This recipe will make 2 loaves.
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
Preheat oven to 350F.
I hand mix this recipe in a large bowl, but you can use a mixer if you prefer.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
I use all whole, real ingredients and whole sugars. You can always replace the sugar with honey or applesauce and butter with an oil, if you choose.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup melted butter – 2 sticks
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour – I like to add to make it lighter, but you can also use all whole wheat.
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2-3 cups grated zucchini
- 5 squares (or more if you like) Sugarpova Dark Chocolate with Toasted Coconut – grate the bar, flat side down, and when very thin, crumble pieces so you have grated to melt in and crumble bites as well.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- Place sugar, eggs, and melted butter in the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Using a whisk, combine another few minutes.
- Add all dry ingredients and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Once combined, add zucchini, vanilla, and grated and crumbled chocolate.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour into loaf pans, filling just half way.
- Place in preheated oven for 55 minutes to an hour.
All that’s left is to enjoy!